SWC Commission - Cost Share Committee
The Commission established the cost share committee to review the process for allocating cost share funds to districts and to ensure appropriate accountability for cost share program implementation at the September 16, 2009 meeting. They are curently working on Cost Share Program Rule revisions.
This committee meets throughout the year. If you have any issues you would like the committee to address, please contact any of the members listed below.
|John Langdon, Committee Chair||Soil and Water Conservation Commission Chair|
|Charles Bass||Franklin Soil and Water Conservation District, NC Ag Cost‐Share Specialist|
|Jason Walker||Yadkin Soil and Water Conservation District, District Director|
|Davis Ferguson||Division of Soil and Water Conservation, Regional Coordinator|
|Julie Henshaw||Division of Soil and Water Conservation, NPS Section Chief|
|Brian Lannon||Camden Soil and Water Conservation District, Cost Share Technician|
|Renee Melvin / Gavin Thompson||Natural Resources Conservation Service|
Cost Share Programs Rule Making Steps
1. Final approval from Rules Review Commission to begin the rule making process. January 19, 2017.
2. Informal stakeholder process. The Committee held eight meeings throughout the state to gather input in February and March 2017.
3. Soil and Water Conservation Commission receives summary of feedback from informal stakeholder process. April 5, 2017.
4. Soil and Water Conservation Commission approves revisions to Cost Share Program Rules. May 17, 2017.
5. Formal public comment period on rule revisions. November – January 15, 2018.
Read the draft rules HERE
6. Soil and Water Conservation Commission receives public comments and makes revsions. Anticipated May 16, 2018.
7. Soil and Water Conservation Commission reviews revised draft rules and approves them as final. Anticipated July 18, 2018.
8. Rules Review Commission approves rules. Anticipated Fall 2018.
New rules used for allocations for FY2020, or July 1, 2019.