SWC Commission - Cost Share Committee
The Commission established the cost share committee to review the process for allocating cost share funds to districts and to ensure appropriate accountability for cost share program implementation at the September 16, 2009 meeting. They are curently working on Cost Share Program Rule revisions.
This committee meets throughout the year. If you have any issues you would like the committee to address, please contact any of the members listed below.
|John Langdon, Committee Chair||Soil and Water Conservation Commission Chair|
|Charles Bass||Franklin Soil and Water Conservation District, NC Ag Cost‐Share Specialist|
|Jason Walker||Yadkin Soil and Water Conservation District, District Director|
|Davis Ferguson||Division of Soil and Water Conservation, Regional Coordinator|
|Julie Henshaw||Division of Soil and Water Conservation, NPS Section Chief|
|Brian Lannon||Camden Soil and Water Conservation District, Cost Share Technician|
|Renee Melvin / Gavin Thompson||Natural Resources Conservation Service|
Cost Share Programs Rule Making Steps
1. Final approval from Rules Review Commission to begin the rule making process. January 19, 2017.
2. Informal stakeholder process
The Committee is sponsoring the meetings below to gather input on proposed rule revisions prior to the Commission adopting any rule text changes. All supervisors, staff and interested parties are encouraged to attend (meetings are planned from 9:30am-12:30pm):
- Feb 16: Kenansville: 165 Agriculture Drive, Kenansville, NC 28349‐9058
- Feb 22: Statesville: 444 Bristol Drive, Statesville, NC 28677
- Feb 23: Asheboro: 879 McDowell Road, Asheboro, NC 27205
- Feb 27: Yadkinville: 2051 Agricultural Way, Yadkinville, NC 27055 (start time of 10am)
- March 1: Waynesville: 589 Raccoon Road, Waynesville, NC 28786
- March 7: Louisburg: 101 South Bickett Boulevard, Louisburg, NC 27549
- March 8: Fayetteville: 301 East Mountain Drive, Fayetteville, NC 28306
- March 14: Williamston: 104 Kehukee Park Road, Williamston, NC 278923
3. Soil and Water Conservation Commission receives summary of feedback from informal stakeholder process. Anticipated March 15, 2017.
4. Soil and Water Conservation Commission approves revisions to Cost Share Program Rules. Anticipated May 17, 2017.
5. Formal public comment period on rule revisions. Anticipated June 1 – July 31, 2017.
6. Soil and Water Conservation Commission reviews feedback, makes revisions and approves final rules. Anticipated September 20, 2017.
7. Rules Review Commission approves rules. Anticipated November 16, 2017; allocation rules will be used starting July 1, 2018.
Cost Share Committee Presentation to the Commission - March 16, 2016