The 2014 Resource Conservation Workshop will be held in Raleigh on the campus of North Carolina State University, June 22 - June 27, 2014. All districts are encouraged to select an outstanding student to represent your district at this workshop.
Suggestions for Selecting and Supporting Students
- Decide if the district intends to sponsor one or more students. Prepare and submit the online intention form to the division by May 1.
- Appoint a committee to interview candidates. Your committee could be made up of district supervisors, Cooperative Extension Service personnel, vo-ag teachers, District Conservationist or other agency personnel.
- Secure names of students from high school counselors, vo-ag teachers, scout leaders, Envirothon advisors, Extension 4-H leaders or other professionals in natural resource areas.
- Choose a student delegate and one alternate.
- Contact your student delegate nominee and secure his/her commitment to attend the workshop.
- Complete the online application form and return, along with enrollment fee made payable to the "NCASWCD", no later than June 1.
- Provide, directly to your student, enough money for 11 meals other than organized meals that are included as part of the week's planned activities.
- Arrange transportation for your student to and from Raleigh.
- Arrange for local publicity in your district.
- Ask your student to attend your district's board meeting both before and after the workshop to learn workshop objectives and report on his/her workshop experiences.
NOTE: Students must have written permission from his/her parents to leave the NCSU campus at any time except for planned activities that are part of the workshop. Forms are provided in the student and parent package (e-mailed from the division). Please have the student bring these permission forms to registration on Sunday afternoon.
NOTE: Students must have permission from their parents to drive a vehicle while at the workshop.
One student space was reserved for each district until the May 1, 2014 deadline; after May 1, 2014, the unused spaces are released to interested districts on a first come, first served basis. Please email Kristina Fischer (firstname.lastname@example.org) if your district would like to sponsor a student to attend the workshop and did not declare your intentions to do so by May 1.
The registration fee for this year's workshop is $375.00 per student.
Selected Student Registration
Your district should plan to fill out the online registration form for SELECTED CANDIDATES ONLY; this form should be completed, and a copy of the confirmation e-mail and $375 payment for each student (registration payments for multiple students from a district may be combined in a single check), should be mailed to Bruce Whitfield, NCASWCD Treasurer, no later than June 1, 2014. No refunds will be permitted after June 7, 2014. Online registration for students and counselors has now closed; please contact Kristina Fischer at 910.796.7236 or email@example.com to determine if additional space is available for this year's workshop.
If you need additional information about the workshop, please contact Ralston James at 704.880.0768 or the division at 919.733.2302; if you have questions about the registration process, please contact Kristina Fischer at 910.796.7236.