NSW Strategies - Jordan Lake
The purpose of the Watershed Oversight Committee is to guide the implementation of the Agriculture Rule. This committee is charged with developing tracking and accounting methods for nitrogen and phosphorus loss from agricultural land in the Falls Lake Watershed. The Agriculture Rule was adopted in January 2011, members of the committee were appointed by the Division of Water Quality in Summer 2011, and the committee began meeting in August 2011.
The composition of the committee is specified in the rule, and includes the following representatives:
- Division of Soil and Water Conservation
- United States Department of Agriculture-Natural Resources Conservation Service (shall serve in an "ex-officio" non-voting capacity and shall function as a technical program advisor to the Committee)
- North Carolina Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- North Carolina Cooperative Extension Service
- Division of Water Quality
- Three environmental interests, at least two of which are residents of the Jordan watershed
- General farming interests
- Pasture-based livestock interests
- Equine livestock interests
- Cropland farming interests
- The scientific community with experience related to water quality problems in the Jordan watershed.
A complete list of members with contact information is available here.
Meeting 1- August 2011
Meeting 2 - November 2011
Meeting 3 - December 2011
Meeting 4 -January 2012
Meeting 5-February 2012
Meeting 6- March 2012
Nitrogen Loss Estimation Worksheet- Aggregate Information
Jordan Lake Accounting Methodology
Initial Progress Report for the Jordan Lake Agriculture Rule
(15A NCAC 02B.0264)
Jordan Lake Oversight Committee
INFORMATION REGARDING THE JORDAN LAKE OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE IS AVAILABLE HERE.
NCDA&CS Division of Soil & Water Conservation, Pat Harris, Director
Mailing Address: 1614 Mail Service Center, Raleigh NC 27699-1614
Physical Address: 512 North Salisbury Street, Raleigh North Carolina 27604
Phone: 919.733.2302; FAX: 919.715.3559