(021) License - Commercial License holders may perform structural pest control for hire only for phases which he is licensed. A current insurance policy is also required to conduct business for hire.
(081) Certified Applicator - Certified Applicators are not allowed to perform structural pest control services for hire. To perform structural pest control work for hire, the applicator must be licensed or employed by a licensee.
Structural pest control certification and licensing is divided into three phases (categories)according to the type of work performed. A person may be licensed or certified in any or all phases:
- Phase P - Household pests (cockroaches, fleas, silverfish, ants, rodents, etc.) by any method other than fumigation.
- Phase W - Wood-destroying organisms (termites, powderpost beetles, fungi, etc.) by any means other than fumigation.
- Phase F - Fumigation (to apply pesticides that control pests as a gas). This phase is not required for aerosols, fogs, mists, or ULV/ULD applications.