Email COVID-19 questions regarding agriculture to Covid19questions@ncagr.gov
- Emergency Aid for Farmers Market Operators and Local Food Hubs program (New Sept. 30, 2020)
- Daily Relief Program Application (New Sept. 28, 2020)
- NCDA&CS has been in contact with Congressional offices and USDA regarding CFAP 2.0 dairy payments and the state aid program. USDA confirmed that there would be no netting out or interaction between CFAP and independent state aid programs. We encourage all eligible producers to apply come September 28th when the application period opens. Click here for the COVID Dairy Relief Program Letter. (New Sept. 25, 2020)
- IMPEC program now includes seafood processing; deadline to apply is COB Oct. 12, 2020 (New Sept. 21, 2020)
- DHHS interim guidance for Fall Events (including agritourism activities) (New Sept. 14, 2020)
- Letter from Commissioner Troxler clarifying agricultural workers, including Christmas tree workers, as critical infrastructure workers (New Aug. 18, 2020)
- CDC guidance for meat and poultry processing workers and employers
- Interim COVID-19 Recommendations for Farms, Packhouses and Related Facilities
- Interim COVID-19 Recommendations for Food Processing Facilities
- Letter from Commissioner Troxler to Law Enforcement agencies regarding ag group personnel
- A notice of work authorization document has been sent to commodity groups and trade organizations, recognizing agricultural employees. Please contact your commodity group or trade group for individual letters (PDF document). If you are unable to open the PDF document. Please use the scanned copies of the letter. Be sure to print both pages (Page 1) (Page 2)
Spanish version: Individual letters (PDF document), scanned copy (Page(1) (Page 2)
- The U.S. Homeland Security’s web site lists
“Exterminators” as an Essential Service on page 9 under Public Works.
- Memo to Grocery Retail Stores on purchase limits and distribution of fluid milk products
- Resources for assistance with childcare for essential workers (Spanish version)
- Memo to NC Retail Groceries: Agricultural Worker Bulk Grocery Purchases (Spanish version)
- Notice of Temporary Agricultural Worker Bulk Purchase Authorization (Spanish version)
- National Pest Management Association’s web site for COVID-19 guidance and information: https://www.pestcontrolcoronavirus.com/
- NC Department of Revenue has a website that a business owner can apply to have the business given “ essential business status.” The site is called “ Covid -19 Essential businesses.”
Here is the link: https://www.ncdor.gov/home/ncdor-actions-covid-19/covid-19-essential-businesses
- Resources for produce farmers that have lost primary sales market for produce due to COVID-19 market disruption
- (NEW) NC Choices and NC Cooperative Extension Feeder Pig Listing - NC Choices and NCSU Cooperative Extension have developed a sheet linked on our website [cefs.ncsu.edu] to assist some of North Carolina's independent commodity feeder pig producers that need to sell pigs. This need is due to disruptions in the national supply chain at this time.
Bulk Chicken Sales:
Bulk chicken sales continue to happen all across the state this week as farmers seek to provide our families with fresh, local meat products.
- Mountaire Chicken: https://www.facebook.com/MountaireFarms/
- House of Raeford: https://www.houseofraeford.com/…/house-of-raeford-farms-m…/…
- Case Farms Chicken: https://www.facebook.com/pg/casefarmschicken/events/?ref=page_internal
Nash Produce: https://www.facebook.com/nashproduce/
- Open, Restricted Access, Closed, Canceled events, workshops, trainings, field days and services (Updated 4/27/20)
Farmers Markets are open for business. Shoppers can find fresh produce and other products at our State Farmers Market, Charlotte Regional Farmers Market, WNC Farmers Market and Piedmont Triad Farmer's Market.
Events at the N.C. State Fairgrounds, including The Raleigh Market (flea market) are cancelled.
Informational sheets/Other resources:
- Is COVID-19 a Food Safety Issue
- Is Coronavirus a concern at the grocery store?
- Is Coronavirus a concern with takeout food?
- Is Coronavirus a concern on Fresh Produce?
- COVID-19 Farming resources
- COVID-19 resources for farmers and farmworkers (migrant, seasonal and H2A)
- DHHS Guidance for Migrant Farmworkers, Their Employers, and Housing Providers
- CDC Guidance for disinfecting a building or facility
- CDC Guidance: Essential Critical Workers Dos and Don'ts
- CDC Guidance: Implementing Safety Practices for Critical Workers who may have had exposure to a person with COVID-19
- FDA Best Practices for Retail Food Stores, Restaurants, and Food Pick-Up/Delivery Services during COVID-19 Pandemic
- FDA Website information for Workers Testing Positive
- COVID-19 and Farm Stands (NCSU)
- Handling COVID-19 Produce Farms and Packinghouses (NCSU)
- COVID-19 and Food Safety FAQ: Produce Production (NCSU)
- Handling COVID-19 Guidance for U-Pick Farms (NCSU)
- More food Safety links: https://foodsafety.ces.ncsu.edu/covid-19-resources/
- Spanish Resources: NCSU releases videos for Spanish-speaking farm community