Food Distribution Division
Food Distribution operates two state warehouses for the purpose of distributing all USDA commodities allocated to eight different programs in North Carolina. Also, Food Distribution operates two small warehouses which distributes food to eligible individuals participating in specific programs.
The Butner Warehouse is located in Granville County. It has 60,000 square feet dry storage, 20,000 cooler and freezer, also 6,000 square feet that houses division's administrative offices.
The Salisbury Warehouse is located in Rowan County. It has 40,000 square feet dry storage, 7,500 square feet cooler freezer.
22 Road Tractors
25 40 ft. Refrigerated Trailers
- 1 28 ft. Refrigerated Trailer
- 11 48 ft. Refrigerated Trailers
- 1 53 ft. Refrigerated Trailers
- 13 Forklifts
- 2 Refrigerated Box Trucks
Division delivery equipment: (as of July 2017)
- A 2000 square foot maintenance shop is located at the Butner warehouse where all equipment for Food Distribution is maintained.
Miles traveled for delivery purposes: 488,318 Miles
Cases Received - USDA Commodities: 1,830,382 Cases
Warehouse Distribution Related Information for Fiscal Year 2016-2017:
Last updated: February 27, 2018