International Trade Office
Sources of Financial Assistance
Business USA Access Funding Wizard
- The US Government website wizard that guides users through federal programs available to businesses.
Export-Import Bank of the United States (EXIM)
- The Export-Import Bank of the United States (Ex-Im Bank) is the official export credit agency of the United States. Ex-Im Bank's mission is to assist in financing the export of U.S. goods and services to international markets. For details on how the program can help you, click here.
- IC-DISC stands for Interest Charge Domestic International Sales Corporation (IC-DISC). It is a vehicle
for small-to-medium-size companies to have up to 85% of its export profits
excluded from US taxation
Market Development Cooperator Program
- Market Development Cooperator Program (MDCP) awards include financial and technical assistance from the International Trade Administration (ITA) to support projects that enhance the global competitiveness of U.S. manufacturing and services industries. An MDCP award establishes a partnership between ITA and non-profit industry groups such as trade associations or chambers of commerce.
North Carolina State Ports Authority
- New North Carolina exporters can earn a tax credit on cargo wharfage and handling fees charged by the North Carolina State Ports Authority
Small Business Administration
- Export Express
Get a credit check on a buyer, offer financing terms and guarentee payment for less than a doller for every $100 exported. Program minimizes the use of government mandated forms and procedures and streamlines the processing and costs of smaller SBA loans for exporters.
- SBA Financial Assistance
SBA also provides a number of other financial assistance programs for small businesses.
- More information:
SBTDC's Export Financing Assistance
- The SBTDC's International Business Development (IBD) program provides service to those companies needing assistance with export financing, either pre-export (export working capital) or post-export financing (getting paid for a shipment and/or helping the overseas buyer find financing to purchase a product).
Southern United States Trade Association (SUSTA)
- Market Access Program (MAP) Branded
For small businesses that need financial support to launch a branded export effort, SUSTA reimburses up to 50% of international marketing and promotion expenses.
- Generic Industry Promotions
For commodities or products not already represented by another promotion organization (i.e. Meat Export Federation), SUSTA helps organize and match a variety of trade promotions at a reduced cost to participants
- A host of programs exist to help U.S. exporters succeed internationally, including the Market Access Program, the Export Enhancement Program, and the Emerging Markets Program. For information about these and more federal assistance programs, click here.
- Additional programs are aimed at commodity associations through Foreign Agriculture Staff, but a clever business person can tap into these programs by working with the commodity associations themselves. To see a detailed list of commodity cooperator overseas operations, click here
United State Department of Commerce