International Trade Office
Sources of Financial Assistance
- Southern United States Trade Association
- Market Access Program (MAP) Branded
For small businesses that need financial support to launch a branded export effort, SUSTA reimburses up to 50% of international marketing and promotion expenses.
- Generic Industry Promotions
For commodities or products not already represented by another promotion organization (i.e. Meat Export Federation), SUSTA helps organize and match a variety of trade promotions at a reduced cost to participants
- IC-DISC stands for Interest Charge Domestic International Sales Corporation (IC-DISC). It is a vehicle
for small-to-medium-size companies to have up to 85% of its export profits
excluded from US taxation.
- Business USA Access Funding Wizard
North Carolina State Ports Authority
- The US Government website wizard that guides users through federal programs available to businesses.
- New North Carolina exporters can earn a tax credit on cargo wharfage and handling fees charged by the North Carolina State Ports Authority. For more information, click here or contact the NC Ports authority at 1-800-334-0682
- USDA Programs
- A host of programs exist to help U.S. exporters succeed internationally, including the Market Access Program, the Export Enhancement Program, and the Emerging Markets Program. For information about these and more federal assistance programs. Click here.
- Additional programs are aimed at commodity associations through Foreign Agriculture Staff, but a clever business person can tap into these programs by working with the commodity associations themselves. To see a detailed list of commodity cooperator overseas operations, click here.
- Export-Import Bank of the United States (EXIM)
- The Export-Import Bank of the United States (Ex-Im Bank) is the official export credit agency of the United States. Ex-Im Bank's mission is to assist in financing the export of U.S. goods and services to international markets. For details on how the program can help you, click here.
- Small Business Administration
- Export Express
Get a credit check on a buyer, offer financing terms and guarentee payment for less than a doller for every $100 exported. Contact Dan Holt at Small Business Administration at 704-333-4886- ext 226. Program minimizes the use of government mandated forms and procedures and streamlines the processing and costs of smaller SBA loans for exporters.
SBA Financial Assistance
SBA also provides a number of other financial assistance programs for small businesses.
- Market Development Cooperator Program
- Market Development Cooperator Program (MDCP) awards include financial and technical assistance from the International Trade Administration (ITA) to support projects that enhance the global competitiveness of U.S. manufacturing and services industries. An MDCP award establishes a partnership between ITA and non-profit industry groups such as trade associations or chambers of commerce.
- United State Department of Commerce
- Rural Export Initiative -
the U.S. Dept. of Commerce Commercial Service
provides companies in rural areas with
better access to export assistance and global
market research by connecting them with international
trade services and increasing the number
of companies in rural areas engaged in
Greg Sizemore, Director
Charlotte U.S. Export Assistance Center
- SBTDC's Export Financing Assistance
NCDA&CS International Trade Office, Peter Thornton, Assistant Director
Mailing Address: 1020 Mail Service Center, Raleigh NC 27699-1020
Physical Address: 2 W. Edenton Street, Room 411, Raleigh NC 27601
Phone: (919) 707-3153; FAX: (919) 715-0083