Markets Division Home
International Marketing Home Page
Help Line
and Contact Information
NC Agribusiness Export Resources
International Buyer Databases & Resources

Sign-Up for NCDA&CS International Markets Email Newsletters

E-mail Address :


International Trade Office

Marketing Division

got to be NC AG EXPORTS

Export Certification Resources

Vegetables, Plants and Live Animals

  • Global GAP Certification
    Farmers exporting to Europe generally need to be Global GAP certified. The GLOBALG.A.P. Fruit & Vegetables Standard covers all stages of production, from pre-harvest activities such as soil management and plant protection product application to post-harvest produce handling, packing and storing according to rigorous European standards.

Meat and Egg

Processed Foods

Unlike meat and vegetables, there is no one repository for information on export requirements in overseas markets for processed foods. NCDA&CS Food and Drug Division's Food Program certifies production and issues certificates of Free Sale, which is normally sufficient. However, for detailed information about your product in a specific market, contact the Agriculture Trade Officer (ATO) in the U.S. Embassy in that market.


  • USDA Trade Facilitaion Desk
    The trade facilitation desk is designed to provide a "one stop shop" approach for U.S. exporters and relevant stakeholders, where they can obtain technical information such as: certification, documentation, registration, etc. Contact the desk at  or 202.690.3576.


NCDA&CS International Trade Office, Peter Thornton, Assistant Director
Mailing Address: 1020 Mail Service Center, Raleigh NC 27699-1020
Physical Address: 2 W. Edenton Street, Room 411, Raleigh NC 27601
Phone: (919) 707-3153; FAX: (919) 715-0083