The NCDA&CS Emergency Programs Division’s mission is to reduce the vulnerability to or the impact from, any disaster, disease or terrorist attack on the agriculture community of North Carolina. The Division serves in a leadership capacity within the Department and works closely with local communities to support agrosecurity, agricultural emergency preparedness and recovery, and rapid response technology efforts. The division establishes public-private partnerships between vital government agencies, industry, and volunteers to carry out this mission
- Preserve the ability of the NC agriculture community to produce stable supplies of food and other agricultural products.
- Diagnose and investigate infectious animal and livestock diseases, intentional plant pest introductions, unauthorized biological control agent releases, and environmental health problems and health hazards in the NC agriculture community.
- Provide the full resources of the North Carolina Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services to support the State of North Carolina in any emergency situation.
- Reduce the vulnerability of the staff, vital assets, services and operations of the North Carolina Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services.
- Reduce the vulnerability of state animal, livestock, plant, crop, and other beneficial organism populations from the effect of a Multi-Hazard emergency event.
- Support the partners and customers of the North Carolina Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services in reducing their vulnerability to and recovery from the effects of a Multi-Hazard emergency event.
- Inform, educate and empower people to respond to specific agricultural community issues pertaining to a threatened or actual Multi-Hazard emergency event.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect public, animal, livestock, plant, crop and other beneficial organism's health and ensure their general safety in case of a Multi-Hazard emergency event.
- Evaluate the effectiveness, accessibility and quality of departmental and community-based agricultural services available to respond to a Multi-Hazard emergency event.
- Develop and maintain policies and plans that support the agriculture community's efforts in preparing for and responding to a Multi-Hazard emergency event.
Emergency Programs Division Accomplishment Report 2013