Animal Welfare Section
About the Spay/Neuter Program
What does the Spay/Neuter Program do?
- The program reimburses counties and municipalities (or contracted entities) for direct costs of spay/neuter procedures performed on dogs/cats owned by low-income individuals.
- A portion of funding for the program goes towards education and outreach on the importance of controlling the animal population.
How is the Spay/Neuter Program funded?
- The program is funded in part when members of the public select the Animal Lovers "I Care" license plate.
- $20 from each plate goes directly toward supporting procedure reimbursement and educational initiatives.
- Click on the plates below to order yours today!
For more information:
- N.C. General Statutes
- Reimbursement Data & Annual Public Shelter Reports
- Information for Local Governments