Professional Development - Training Opportunities - District Staff Training Library
A collection of training modules (videos and narrated presentations) focused on building skills for district staff. Topics include Orientation Information for new employees, Administrative Information, and Technical Information. Please follow the links below for resources.
- Division Website Overview - A narrated PowerPoint that provides a brief walk-through of resources available on the Division website. 11 minutes.
- Open Meetings - A narrated PowerPoint presentation that provides specifically applicable guidance to districts on the NC Open Meetings Law. 19 minutes.
- Public Records - A narrated PowerPoint presentation that provides an introduction to public records considerations for district staff; public records, records requests, document retention, district policy considerations, and more. 16 minutes.
- Best Practices for Small Boards - a short discourse on creating a successful meeting culture.
- Managerial Guidance Document - recording from the 2020 Virtual CET reviewing a resource for District Managers. 1.5 hours.
- SharePoint - Narrated presentations that demonstrate how to submit items electronically to the Division:
- Getting started with SharePoint - introduces SharePoint system and goes over getting an NCID and understanding of the Upload Guidance Document. 5 minutes.
- SharePoint - Support Docs and Board Minutes - explains where to find Coordinator reports/calendars and how to upload/edit minutes. 3.5 minutes.
- SharePoint - Agreements and Annual Reports (Optional) - explains the process of uploading optional agreements/annual reports. 2.5 minutes.
- SharePoint - Staff and Supervisor Forms - explains where to find staff and supervisor forms on the Division's website, and where in SharePoint these forms need to be uploaded. 10 minutes.
- Water Points Survey Training - recording from the 2020 Virtual CET including field review of how to complete a water points survey. Supporting water points calculations spreadsheets may be downloaded here. 1.5 hours.
- Fundamentals Course - recording from the 2020 Virtual CET including a desktop review to understand topographic maps, how to delineate watersheds, and how to determine peak runoff. 70 minutes.
- Heavy Use Area Protection - recording from the 2020 Virtual CET including a desktop review of planning considerations, site characteristics, design criteria and construction methods. 30 minutes.
- Water Well & Pumping Plant - recording from the 2020 Virtual CET including a desktop review of different types of wells, siting requirements, system components, pump types and pump sizing methods. 1 hour.
- Agricultural Road Repair / Stabilization - recording from the 2020 Virtual CET including a desktop review of different methods for repairing or stabilizing farm roads. 20 minutes.